[va-richmond-general] Re: RED-HEADED WOODPECKER at Robious Landing Park

  • From: tyler turpin <tylerturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:27:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Between Hopewell and a little beyond turnoff for claremont and sunken meadows
there are some visible from route 10 sometimes. last year the house on North
side of Route 5 just across from Turkey Island road had a pair nest in the tall
tree stump in the yard. these birds need acres of woodland to thrive. Some
state bioligst are considering naming this bird a threatned species in VA in a
few years. unfortunanttly I think we need to help get it done. even Rockbridge
County had a freaky low number on their Christmas count this year.

Sincerely ,

Tyler Turpin