[ussgeorgetown] The Case of the Dead Diplomats:Interview #2

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:10:17 EDT

If there was one thing every security officer dreaded, it was having to
involve a fellow security officer in an investigation, especially if that
investigation was a murder investigation. Vivie sat at her desk after sending a
message
to Eddie about doubling the marines on their guests, and about asking his men
if they'd seen what had happened in the visitor's lounge. After taking a deep
breath she headed over to the integration room. She set out fresh water,
looked over her notes, and waited, listening for the sound of the office doors
open.

When the doors finally opened, Vivie stepped into the doorway of the small
room, and right at the man who'd come in. "Ensign Pax, a word please."

Tawa froze for a second.  This was the new officer or new on board since he'd
arrived before her.  He knew she'd served with Calista on her previous
posting and he kind of thought there some sort of animosity or something
between
them but that wasn't his business.  Yet.  He liked DeAngelo, though, and he'd
stand up for her.  This one was Lieutenant Lazzara-Henderson, he recalled, and
T'Leara'd put her in charge of coordinating the murder investigation.  Oh
shit...Goddess, please don't tell me she found out about Trebla...

"Yes, Ma'am?" he asked mildly.

God how she hated being called Ma'am. She'd have to correct that later
though. Stepping aside so Pax could come into the room, Vivie waved her hand at
the
table and chairs in the middle of the room. "I need to ask you a few
questions, Ensign." She waited until he'd come inside and the closed the door
behind
him. "From what I understand you were assigned to the detail this office sent
out to watch over the Maritu delegation. What kind of issues if any did you
come
up against while doing so?"

Out of sheer force of habit, Tawa snorted in disgust.  He hadn't seen Torae
in a few days and that was fine with him.

"The second in command, Torae, seems to have taken issue with me personally,"
he replied with a totally heartfelt smirk.  "She doesn't much care for Orion
pheromones, ma'am."

He said this as he took a seat in one of the chairs.  There was no way he'd
relax, not until this was over with.

"From my understanding the Maritu had issues with several of the hybrid races
we have on board." Vivie replied as she leaned against the wall across from
him. "Did you have any physical confrontations with them?"

"Two," Tawa said simply, "if you want to call them physical.  I was working
with Lieutenant T'Leara and while she was dealing with their leader I was
trying to get Torae to peaceably go back to their assigned areas."

He was still annoyed about that incident.  The scent of burning paper began
to lightly fill the room.  "I suppose it's a good thing the captain and Dr.
Kaartaren came along then.  The doc kinda got Torae to behave.  And the
second..."  Careful, man, careful.  Dove's involved here.  "Trebla was giving a
hard
time to Ensign McCallah.  He hates me as much as his boss does and got so bent
at me that he passed out and ended up in Sick Bay."

Vivie glanced down at the PADD in the middle of the table which was recording
the interview. T'Leara had explained, in detail, before she decided to take a
few days off all about the run ins between security and their guests. She
hadn't mentioned this McCallah person however, and it was clear that Pax wanted
to protect her. Vivie would have to keep that in mind.

"Were those the only two run ins, Ensign?" Vivie asked, her accent nearly
unnoticeable. "I ask because I have a statement from a Private Turk saying that
he'd seen you along with Ensign Garrity and Lt. McEntire in a corridor with the
female, Torae. Wanna tell me what that was all about?"

"Oh--that.  The Queen of Sunshine and Light was being her usual self," Tawa
said after recalling the incident in question.  "He'd kinda bailed on Dr.
Michaels and accidentally brushed into Torae in the corridor while I was
escorting
her to her quarters.  I still don't know what she said to him because it
wasn't in Standard.  Dr. Kaartaren knows, though.  It ended with her going back
her rooms after me cautioning her to keep her hands off ship's personnel."

Pax, he told himself, that was about the politest way you could have
described what you said.

"You cautioned her to keep her hands off ships personnel?" Vivie asked. She
would have to talk to Doctor Kaartaren next, she thought. "Does that mean that
Torae assaulted Mister Garrity as well?"

"I wouldn't call putting her hands to his face and touching that scar on his
face an assault but Torae had no reason to be putting her hands on him.  It
was not the gesture of a friend or anything remotely like it.  It was making
the
man uncomfortable," Tawa explained.

"Angry enough to make sure she never touched or insulted him again?" Vivie
asked. This was starting to become painful. She liked Josh, he was her friend,
she didn't believe that he could ever hurt anyone. Yet things were pointing
that way, and she had witnessed that program of his. He did have rage issues
when
it came to that place. "And what can you tell me about his involvement with
Doctor Coyne?"

"Ma'am, I really couldn't say how pissed off he was or not but I helped
Lieutenant McEntire escort him back to Sick Bay.  He was friendly enough for a
guy
who doesn't talk that much," Tawa said with a shrug.  He sat back in the chair
slightly, a curious look on his face.  "Dr. Coyne?  The lady who's part
Klingon?  I don't know anything about that but if he likes her--good for him.
Her,
too."

Vivie took a moment to think over the things that Pax had said. Josh had had
a run in with the at least three of the victims, one of which provoked him
personally, one of which fought with Coyne. It had been clear that Coyne was as
defensive about Josh as this young man was about the McCallah woman. Nodding,
Vivie reached for the PADD on the table. "That's all for now, Ensign, but I may
need to talk to you again. Thank you."

Tawa got up slowly and offered the lieutenant a slight nod.  He knew better
than to say anything else.  As he left the room, he felt like he did something
wrong.  Damn it.  I need to go talk to Mac.  That having been decided, he let
his rounds take him past Engineering.

Everything about this made Vivie feel sick, but it was her job and she had to
do it. After pocketing the PADD, she walked back out into the outer office
were most of their desks were and set up a time to meet with T'Leara, and then
she headed for science. It was time to find out what their friendly ship bound
"Sybil" had found out.