[ussgeorgetown] "Good News for Change"

  • From: DrNellieCoyne@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:37:13 EDT

"Good News for Change"
Cadet Tawny Lazzara

The motorcycle came to an abrupt halt in front of the faulty office  building
after tearing through ground vehicle pathways on campus. The loud  growling
of the bike had caused more then a few heads to turn, and now that it  was
stopped everyone wanted to see who was on it. Tawny smiled as she got off  the
back of the  bike. She took off the helmet and shook out her hair as  she
handed
the helmet to the bikes driver. The young man took his own helmet off  and
smiled back at Tawny.

âThanks for the ride, Bobby.â Tawny cooed as she ran her fingers through
the young manâs blonde locks.

Bobby bopped his head a little. âSee ya at Jakeâs later?â

Tawny nodded. âYour buying the beer.â

After giving the dark blonde girl a nod, Bobby started the bike up again  and
took off back down the paths of the Academy. Tawny watched until he was out
of sight and then shoot smug looks at the people who were watching her, and
sneered at the ones giving her disgusted looks. Tawny walked into the building
with a little extra wiggle for her on lookers and then headed for the lifts.
By  the time she reached Commander Rileyâs office she was the perfect image
of
a  perfect cadet.

âGo on in Cadet.â The young woman at the front desk told Tawny as she came
into the outer office.

Tawny smiled. âThanks.â Giving one last tug to her uniform Tawny went into
her advisor's office and stood at attention in front of the Irish womanâs
desk.

âCanât you ever just walk across the campus and make a normal entrance
without drawing attention, Miss. Lazzara?â Riley asked without looking up
from
the padd she was working on.

âYes Maâam I can, but I wasnât on campus and didnât want to be late.â
Tawny
 explained.

Riley sighed. âThatâs the kind of behavior your going to need to rein in if

you plan on keeping your placement in the active duty semester program, Miss
Lazzara.â

Tawnyâs face lit up and her eyes grew as large as the saucer section of a
Galaxy class ship. âI got in?â She just had to ask. Normally only third and

fourth years got into this program. A whole semester actually working on a star

ship while continuing to take classes. Over a hundred cadets applied, but
only  twenty-five were chosen each year.

âThanks in large part to your academics and you recent test scores.â Riley
looked up at the young woman. âHowever, the fact that you seem to be in my
office every other week due to one incident or another nearly got you
disqualified.â

Nearly and almost only counted in horse shoes, Tawny thought to herself.  She
knew where the line was and although she liked to walk it, sheâd never cross
it. Besides, where was the fun in getting in over her head and getting
drummed  out of Star Fleet? All that would get her would be a one way ticket
back to
 Louisiana, a job working for her mothers, and more of their Allen this and
Viviana that.. Tawny loved her brothers and sister, but sometimes theirs was a
 large shadows to live under.

âIf you want to keep your placement in the program youâll make sure the
only times your in here is to discuss your classes and the program. Am I clear,

Miss Lazzara?â

Tawny nodded. âYes Maâam. Best behavior, got it.â

âGood. Now youâll be leaving for DS9 at the end of the semester. From there

youâll be assigned to your ship, which at this time looks to be either the
Titan  or the Georgetown.â

Again, Tawnyâs face lit up.

âIâd like to see you next week so we can plan out your course work and
duties.â

âIâll be here Commander.â

Riley finally smiled up at Tawny. âThis is quiet the honor, Miss Lazzara,  you
âll learn a great deal. Congratulations your hard work is paying off.â

âThank you Commander.â

Riley nodded. âDismissed Cadet.â