[ussgeorgetown] Re: "Cheek to Cheek" by Sergeant Major Aigremont

  • From: Debra Mosqueda <captainjonathanhale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:45:25 -0700 (PDT)

Human prints....when did any of the human's aboard have access to a Klingon
Ceremonial dagger?

hmmm

Elizabeth Bethell <ejbethell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cheek to Cheekby Sergeant Major Vincent Aigremont PhD

The romantic, elegant tones of Fred Astaire sang through their quarters as he
gazed lovingly into his wife's summer blue eyes. Candle light flickered over
her rose scented skin as they enjoyed their anniversary dinner. Twenty eight
years and he couldn't imagine being away from her for even one night. They had
had their ups and downs but then which couple hadn't? He was more in love with
her now than he had ever been.

"This wine is exquisite, where did you find it?" Vincent asked.

A sly smile spread across her face. "Do you remember when I dropped in to see
Limmy the last time we were on Earth?"

"My sister? Of course, I was at that conference. But that was over a year ago.
We spent that anniversary at my parents', dancing under the moonlight with a
picnic on the lawn." A warm look filled his eyes. "You wore silk, long and
lavender. You are such an elegant dancer."

Her blush never failed whenever her husband complimented her. She fell for his
deep french voice every time, drowning in his dark brown eyes. "Well..."

"McKay to Aigremont. Sergeant Major, report to Science immediately." Aileas's
grating Scottish accent cut his wife off in the middle of her sentence.

Jumping up and crossing the room, he slapped the comm-badge sat on their coffee
table. "With all due respect, Lieutenant, is this really that urgent?"

"For every minute that you waste there is vital evidence on the bodies that
will be lost. So, yes, Dr Aigremont, it is urgent."

Bodies? "On my way." Glancing over at his wife's disappointed face, he
flinched. "I am so very sorry, ma cher. I will be as quick as I can, back in
less than an hour, I promise."

"No, Vincent, you will be there all night and most of tomorrow." Standing, she
gathered up their plates and took them to the recycler. "But that's fine. I
signed up for this, remember? When I married a career scientist?"

He closed the distance between them and cupped her face in his hands. Leaning
close, he kissed her tenderly. "My beautiful wife." With that, he dashed out of
the door.

Watching it slide shut, she sighed. "My brilliant husband."

---------------------------------

Three more bodies were laid out in the morgue when he arrived. The Borg was
scanning one of them that was covered in some kind of gel, while another of his
team was starting the autopsy on one of the Maritu. What appeared to be a
ceremonial knife was sticking out of its chest, something that was mirrored in
the third body, a Kalari.

"What is this? Are we picking them off one by one?" he said as he pulled on
scrubs.

"Ah, Dr Aigremont, you chose to join us." The look of cold anger in the
Lieutenant's eye drew a similar look from him. "You are not the only one whose
evening was interrupted."

"So I see." Shooing a Science officer away from the Kalari, he started the
scans. "Looks like a fight. There is nothing unusual here. Why have I been
called in for this? It is routine."

"What isn't routine is the fact that they were found in the same room as
another delegate who was drugged and could be now dying in Sick Bay. You are
the head of the Forensics team; do your job, Sergeant Major."

Pulling on gloves, he eased the knife out. "I always do my job, Lieutenant." He
placed it on a tray beside him and leaned in to examine the wound. "Cause of
death is no mystery here: a stab wound to his heart. Death would have been
almost instantaneous. Much the same with the other, I would imagine."

Turning his attention to the knife, he lifted it and examined the blade. "A
Klingon ceremonial athamay, if I am not mistaken." A perfect set of finger
prints presented themselves on the handle. "Human prints, now that is
interesting. If these two died in a fight with each other, why aren't the
prints Kalari and Maritu respectively?" He glanced up at the curious look on
McKay's face. "Perhaps this has just become more interesting than I had first
assumed."

Of all the things that I have lost
I think I miss my mind the most...