<USS Eagle> Sim Log/recap

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:56:09 -0500

htp://www.starfleetphoenix.50megs.com/eagle.html
Notes

Nothing special at this time.  As always, I encourage logs, and should you decide to do something for this week, just make it your own character's reactions to what is goingon.

Sim Recap:
"Cries of Help"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commander Marqusa, Lt. Commander Lost & Dr. Hamza, Lt Tracy, Dr. Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
Officers absent: Commander Bass, Lt Commander Haas, Lt jg O'Brian, Ensign Rose (LOA)
NPCs:  Cadet Wren (Lost)
Stardate 59795.77 (10/18/2382, 11:00 hours)

During it's routine patrol of the anormally quiet Spaculaan Sector, Dr. Melody gets this sudden sensation of someone in distress.  She immediately makes her way to the bridge and reports it to the captain.  Trusting in Melody's abilities, Lukas has the ship turned around and they head in the direction indicated by the psi-sensitive doctor.  They find themselves in an area of space with a swirling mass of energy.  A storm of such magnitude, a probe is destroyed the instant it enters.

Cadet Wren has a slight encounter with Max.  She then includes information of what is happening on the bridge in her "report."

JPEG image

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
Lt Josie Tracy: ::AA::
Lt JG Melody: ::AA::
Lt Josie Tracy: ::Elbows Mal::
Lt Josie Tracy: ::AA::
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Stardate 59795.77 (10/18/2382, 11:00 hours)
CommoLukasFyrstk: We have been maintaining our patrols in the Spaculaan Sector.
 Things have been quahet for quahte some tahme now.
Lt Tebok trKhev has entered the room.
CommoLukasFyrstk: We haven
GwenivereMarqusa has left the room.
CommoLukasFyrstk: 't even had any repeat encounters with the mysterious ship.
CommoLukasFyrstk: It makes me wonder what they are up to.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah hope it is merely because they have decahded it was a bad
ahdea, but somehow ..... Ah doubt it.
GwenivereMarqusa has entered the room.
CommoLukasFyrstk: The new promotions are set in place. Lt. Commander Marqusa is
now a full commander, Lts. Haas, Lost, Dawson and Dr. hamza promoted to Lt.
Commander and Lt jg Tracy promoted to Lieutenant.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah also took the liberty of making Malachi Fyrstk and acting
ensign.
T L Lost has entered the room.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Closes the log recorder.::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Carefully keeping an eye on the scanners.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::strolls over towards the science console.::
GwenivereMarqusa: (brb)
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::In sickbay standing on one finger lifting her own feet with
her telekinesis.::
Lt Tebok trKhev: [brb]
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  How's things loking outt there, Lt.?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Looks up from her console.:: All still seems to be
quiet, Sir. I know its an old saying but I think it's too quiet.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Finishes up his schoolwork, and leaves his quarters.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>;;smirks::  You are so correct, Josie.  So correct.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  Josie gets this terrific sense of someone calling
out for help.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Wait))
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((That was for Melody, not Josie))
Lt Tebok trKhev: [back]
Lt Tebok trKhev: ::In her office in sickbay reading::
Lt Josie Tracy: (Ok I was about to send you an IM)
Lt JG Melody: AMO> ::Tumbles to the floor  and hits her comm badge.:: +Frystk+
Captian! I have a horriable feeling someone needs help.
GwenivereMarqusa: (bak)
Malachi Styles: SCI>::Enters the bridge and heads tot he science
console.....sporting his new pip::
Malachi Styles: SCI>::Freezes in his tracks as he hears Melody's voice::
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::Rushes out of sickbay to the TL::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO+[AMO]+  Where from, Dr.?
Lt JG Melody: AMO>+Fyrstk+ I'm on my way up to the bridge sir. ::Hops into the
TL:: Bridge!
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Raises an eyebrow curiously:: +[AMO]+  Ver well.
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::Arrives on the bridge::  I feel someone crying out for
help, they are very sick... but still at a distance
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::looks over to the CO and surpresses a frown::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [AMO] Ah need something more than that, Doctor.  Any
ahdea which direction?
Lt JG Melody: AMO> ::Closes her eyes and tries to focus on the feelings she is
receving.::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Moves over by Melody::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> ::Looks up a Melody::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:: MElody gets the sudden impression, the ship is
headed away from the distress.::
Lt JG Melody: AMO> ::Suddenly opens her eyes.:: We are headed the wrong way.
They are behind us.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::raises an eyebrow and glances momentarily at Gwen, then
back to Melody. Shrugs::  Helm.  Turn us around.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>:: Looks through the logs to see what planets they have
passed recently.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::surpresses her desire to Tell Melody that she needs to
calm down.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[AMO]  Any better?
Lt JG Melody: AMO> ::Closes her eyes again to get a clear direction.::
T L Lost: <HPW>::steps onto the bridge and heads to the Ops station::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  She gets the sense they are headed in the right
direction, but still have a long distance to travel::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Looks to and nods at Wren as she enters::
Lt Josie Tracy: AMO> This is the right direction but they are a ways off.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Helm.  Go to Warp 7.
T L Lost: <HPW>::sits in the Ops seat and glances over to Malachi, frowning
slightly::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>[CSCI]  Scan for any systems directly in our path.
Lt Josie Tracy: (Jen's laptop froze)
Lt JG Melody has left the room.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes sir.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Moves over to assist Josie::
Lt JG Melody has entered the room.
Lt JG Melody: (Test)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((It's working  did you get my order?))
Lt JG Melody: (Yes I had Kait type it)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Very good))
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::Continues the concentrate on the call for help.::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> :: Scans for systems ahead of them.::
Lt Josie Tracy: Max>::Pops up on Wren's Screen:: Why do you do that?
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTON::  The only thing in th path of the Eagle is A swirling
mass of energy that wasn't monitored there a week ago::
T L Lost: <HPW>::looks at the AI and frowns:: Please leave my computer.  I'm
currently busy with something and don't need your interuptions.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Sir the only thing I am picking up is a mass of energy
when we passed it a week ago.::
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> I'll leave if you answer the question.
T L Lost: <HPW>No, you'll leave now, or I'll report you to the Captain.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  Clarifah that, Lieutenant.
T L Lost: <HPW>You are harassing me, and I don't like it.
Malachi Styles: SCI>::Glances over at Wren, wondering what her problem is::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> I am picking up a swirling mass of energy. According to
the log it wasn't there a week ago.
Lt Tebok trKhev: Ratchet><CMO>::continuing in her office working, oblivious to
what is going on::
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> Harassing you? All I did was ask you a question.
T L Lost: <HPW>And I asked you to leave so I can actually do my work.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> You just got here and haven't even started to do anything
yet.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION: Melody gets the sense the energy mass is where we
should be going::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::looks over to Ops:: Everything okay Hailey?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Glances over at Wren also::
T L Lost: <HPW>[axo] No sir.  I'm trying to do my work, and this stupid AI is
harassing me.
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Sir the energy is where I am getting the feeling of distress.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Looks back to Melody and nods:: Helm, make that your
course.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> Stupid? The blond called me stupid? Girly I am smarter
then you will ever dream of being.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Max, leave Hailey alone.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Max.  Return to the science console.
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> Humph...::Transfers to the science console.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Almost chuckles as he and Gwen speak at the same time::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::grins::
T L Lost: <HPW> Thank you Captain.
T L Lost: <HPW> ::goes back to her work::
Malachi Styles: SCI::Shakes his head in disdain at Wren and returns his gaze
tot he science console.::  Do you want me to star analyzing the energy mass,
Lieutenant?
Lt Josie Tracy: Max> ::set a random button on Wren's console to read 'Don't
press this button again.' Then jumps back to the science console.::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes please, Ensign.
Malachi Styles: SCI>::Starts scanning::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Emphsizes Ensign loud enough for Wren to hear it.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:: Science scans show the swirling mass of energy as a
large storm.  It's energies are enough to rip through a starship's defensive
sheilds as f they were tissue paper::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Thats not good. Can you confirm these readings Mal?
T L Lost: <HPW>::ignores the button change, logs the change and the codes made
to change, then sends it to her PADD, which she then disconnects from computer
core so Max can't get at it::
Malachi Styles: SCI>[CSCI]  Sir,  look at this.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>::makes a mental note to talk to the CO when things
quiet down again::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Sir from these reading its not safe to take this ship
into that energy storm.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  AS the ship draws nearer, Melody gets a stronger
sensation.  Gwen and Ratch also start to feel it::
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Its getting stronger.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  How close cain we safely get, Lieutenant?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>The closest I would suggest would be 10,000 KT. Sir.
Lt Josie Tracy: (KM that is)
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>::Nods::  Helm.  Hold us out at 10,00 kilometers.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The Eagle comes to a stop 10,00 kilometers from the
edge of the storm::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>[sci] Can you get any readings from inside that thing?
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Attempting to scan inside sir.
Malachi Styles: SCI>[AXO]  Not yet, sir.  I would recommend a probe, but it
might not make it far into the storm
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Tries to scan into the storm.::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo>[sci] Launch the probe Mal, see if it can give you any
more readings.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Sorry Mal still not use to having an assistant.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  Melody, Gwen and Ratchet get the same impression of
extremely sick beings::
Lt JG Melody: AMO>::Wraps her arms around her middle.:: They are very, very
sick.
T L Lost: <HPW> ::pulls out a second PADD she has secured in one of her pockets
of her uniform, and starts typing things into it.  The PADD is also
disconnected from the main computer.::
Malachi Styles: SCI> Aye, sir.
Malachi Styles: SCI>::launcehs the probe::
Lt Tebok trKhev: Ratchet><CMO>::Is wondering what is going on here and why is
she feeling so ill. She removes a tricorder and starts to scan herself::
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Something does seem to be out there Captain.  I don't
get the impression they are injured, more that they are sick.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci>::Is tempted to use her technopathy to see what the Cadet
is writing on her PADD but decideds against it.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION::  The probe gets just inside the energy mass  and is
disintegrated completely::
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Probe destroyed sir.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Did you get any further readings from it?
Lt Josie Tracy: Csci> It had just entered when it was completely
disintergrated. Mal did you get anything?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Helm.  Take us around the edge of the storm.  {CSCI]
Josie, scan for any weak areas.
GwenivereMarqusa: <axo> Captain, I recommend going to Yellow Alert and raising
sheilds.
Lt Josie Tracy: CSci> Yes sir. ::Focuses the ships scanners on looking for a
weak area.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The ship starts moving around the storm's outer edge::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::Science scanners detect no weak points in the storm, but
Melody and Gwen and Ratch get really strong impression at the current location::
Lt JG Melody: AMO>Sir ... The impression is strongest right here.
Lt JG Melody: AMO> Should I attempt to make contact?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::Nods tot he XO about her suggestion::  Helm.  Hold
position.
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk, Commodore