<USS Eagle> A Boogey Man In Their Midst" part four

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gettinhappy@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:55:40 -0400

part four

    "I don't know what the Hades I am doing with you kid," the Firegon agent muttered, setting the unconscious seven-year old down.  He half propped the boy up against the wall, then turned to the next portion of his mission.  "I should have disintegrated your stupid hooman body. Why I brought you along, I'll never know."
    He pulled the panel off to expose the power conduits.  From his pack, he removed the charge.  Then proceeded to affix it to the lines.

    April had every available security, engineering, and whatever other available personnel searching the station.  It was a large station, and they really needed more people.  She would occasionally stop and see if she could "feel" where her son was.  She could feel Rohan, Jessica and Luna, but not Ronov.  She could feel that Luna was worried.  She must know what is going on.
    "Commodore," Lt. Commander Leannis called. She was the station's chief of security and headed April's way down the corridor.  "We have searched this whole deck.  Nothing here, I'm sorry to report."
    "Sorry is not working, Commander," April snapped and then regretted it.  "I know you and your staff are doing their best, this is difficult."
    "I understand, Commodore," Leannis assured her.  They had worked together ever since April took over the station, and Leannis had found the commodore to be a competent commanding officer who was always more than fair to her crew.  "We will find him, sir."
    "Thank you, Commander.  I shall get out of your hair, " April told her.  She turned and headed for the lift.
    Where should I look, that isn't already being scoured?  So many damn places on this station for him to hide with my son.
    "Promenade," April said as she stepped into the lift. The car started to move.  It traveled a short distance when April shouted out, "STOP!"  She felt him.  She could feel Ronnie.

    "Mmmhhhhh," the small boy moaned.  The Firegon looked out from the panel, as he had just finished placing the charge.  Hmmm, the kid is pretty strong.  He should still be out cold.
    "Momma,..." came a barely audible cry from the boy.

    She instinctively moved through the corridor, her son's presence getting stronger as she moved.  When she rounded the next corner, there they were.  Ronov was leaned against the wall, and the Firegon was just turning back towards the opposite wall.  He had the access panel in his hands.  "Stop right there," April said, and regretted it the moment the words were past her lips.
    The Firegon dropped the panel, turned towards her and his disruptor was in his hand and firing.  April dove to avoid the blast.  While she had managed to avoid the full brunt of the blast, the beam glanced off her stomach, and she dropped to the deck.  She could feel her insides burning, and the pain was increasing, spreading like ripples on a pond.
    "Momma!" April heard from down the corridor.  She looked  and saw the Firegon grab Ronov.  He touched a control on his belt and the two disappeared.

to be continued...