<USS Eagle> Repost "A Boogey Man In Their Midst" Part three

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gettinhappy@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:48:28 -0400

(My apologies for the last post.  I didn't look it over before sending,  This one shoud be easier to read.)

part three

    She knew it, the moment it happened.
    Commodore April Styles-Fyrstk maintained a constant link with all of her children, no matter what she was doing.  She even had a link with malachi, across the distance of space between here and Earth.  She couldn't tell what he was thinking or doing, but she knew he was okay.  And now, one of her children had gotten hurt.
    "Commodore!  I am detecting energy fire from VIP quarters deck," Lt. Bowles called out.
    "Send security, .... and medical," April ordered.  She was already at the turbo-lift doors.  "Do we have anyone registered in those quarters?  They should be empty."
    "Negative, Commodore."
    "What type of energy?"
    Ensign Soong, the science officer was already on it.  "The closest I can guess, Commodore is Klingon disruptor, but it's not quite the same."
    "Check the database for Firegon energy weapons," April ordered, and stepped inside the turbo-lift.  The doors closed and she tapped her comm-badge.  "Commodore Fyrstk to Saundra."
    "Saundra here, ma'am."  Saundra was the children's nanny.
    "I don't want to be abrupt Saundra, " April said, trying not to panic, "but where are the children?"
    "They're in the play-room, ma'am," Saundra replied.
    "Can you please check?"

    It's that damned kid, again!
    The Firegon looked at the young body sprawled on the carpeted deck, then he looked at his disruptor.  He had set the damn thing for stun.  Why he had doen that, he didn't have a clue.
 He knew, though that now he needed to get out of here.  He quickly replaced the cover to the access panel, then turned to the boy laying on the deck.
    I should just dissipate his body.  He readjusted the disruptor, and aimed it at the unconscious boy.  But, for some reason, he couldn't fire.
    He picked the boy up and slung him over his shoulder.  Then he took off down the corridor.

    "Ronnie's gone," April heard Saundra say over the comm as the lift doors opened.  She stepped out of the lift and instinctively turned.  As she rounded the next corner, there were already security officers in the corridor.
    "Just check shuttle bay maintenance for me, will you please, Saundra?  I'll be back in touch."  She tapped the comm-link closed.
    The first security officer turned in surprise,  "Commodore!  Didn't expect you, sir.  We're checking the area.  There was definite weapons fire right here."
    "Does the weapons signature match a Firegon disruptor?"
    "Yes, ma'am.  Ensign Soong had alerted us to that as well."
    April bit her lip, almost afraid to ask the next question. "Have you checked the corridor for bilogical matter?"  She knew that if someone was completely disintegrated by a phaser of a disruptor, there would be very minute traces in the corridor.
    "Yes, sir," the security officer answered.  "There are no traces of biological matter in the corridor.  In fact the discharge readings indicate it could have been set on stun."
    "Saundra to Commodore Fyrstk." came the voice over the comm.
    "Fyrstk here," April answered, tapping her comm badge.
    "He's not in the shuttle maintenance shop Commodore.  I'm so sorry.  I should've been..."
    "No, Saundra," April said, consoling the nanny.  She, truthfully wanted to shout at the woman for letting one of her kids out of her sight, but that would be counter-productive.  "Those boys are too headstrong and resouceful.  Just stay calm, and watch over the others.  We'll find Ronnie.  Fyrstk out."
    The security guard looked questioningly at April.  "One of your boy is missing?"
    "Yes," April told him, her mind still going through a million things.  She tapped her comm-badge again.  "Fyrstk to OPS. Station lock-down.  No ships are cleared for departure."
    "Aye, Commodore," came the voice of the Operations officer.
    "Alert all officers and decks to be on the watch for my young son, Ronov and.... a Firegon soldier."
    "A Firegon?" the security officer and operations officer both asked at the same time.
    "Yes," April answered firmly.  "Firegon."

to be continued...