[USS Athena] "I Heard That"

  • From: T'Shana Tubed <antediluvian2370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS Athena <ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 07:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

I Heard That

    T'Shana couldn't help but grin, when Ronov's voice came over the comm
system. "Report to the Captain's Ready Room immediately."  There was a slightly
strained tone in it that made her think those words had been hard for him to
say. Stifling an outright laugh, only a snorted chuckle came from her throat.
    Though in the same moment of amusement over the way the words had been
delivered, she wondered what it possibly could be that he wanted from her. Did
it have anything to do with their guest from the warbird? She couldn't imagine
that Ronov would even consider letting her near any high ranking official after
what had happened with the Starzen Admiral. Well, there was only one way to
find out.
    She tapped her comm badge and replied, "Acknowledged, Erei'Riov. I'm on my
way."
    As she closed down her console, another thought occurred to her... what if
it had something to do with the Athena's ever nearing arrival at the Rihannsu
colony? She left her station, actually paling from that thought for a moment.
T'Maekh, that fat arrogant pig, she bristled.
    "Whoa! Looking a bit sickly there, Miss T'Shana," Pete Stronovki made a
quick step to the side, when she almost ran into him in her absent-minded state.
    "It's Erei'Arrain, for your information," she snapped at him. "And my state
of health is none of your business."
    "Hey," Stronovski frowned, "I'm still your superior. No need to get sassy
with me."
    "Then perhaps you should address me by rank and not in the vernacular,"
T'Shana shot back. This was all she needed now, have the annoying Lieutenant JG
irritated her on top of her troubled thoughts. "And you're only superior to me
in rank, don't forget that." She eyed him darkly.
    "Gee..." He stepped back, holding his hands up in defeat, and began walking
away, grumbling, "Someone needs to get laid."
    T'Shana balled her fists, holding back a few nasty words in response. "I
heard that," she huffed instead.
    "Good," Pete called back without turning and snickered, as he continued
walking off.
    Again, T'Shana bristled. The worst part was that he wasn't even all that
wrong. Despite the controlling substance Noah had given her, she could still
feel that urge inside, and when someone - especially a male - was riling her
up, that feeling would inflate so much it felt like some ugly green alien
wanting to jump from her chest.
    She stood there for a long moment, trying to breath calm into herself.
Finally, she unclenched her fists and proceeded out of Engineering and to the
nearest Turbolift. Hopefully, the ride up to the bridge would afford her to
compose herself more. It was imperative that she would not face Ronov in her
current volatile state.

 "Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use."