[Umpqua Birds] Re: Turkey Vulture continues

  • From: jody newell <jodybnewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:54:44 -0800

I was with Kathy and so excited to see the Turkey Vultures, the first sign
of spring here as we never see them during the winter.  Also watched two
red tailed hawk hunting then later we saw one along the Umpqua river.
There were lots of birds out today, watched a wood pecker for awhile, the
large ones with red head that we see quite a bit, but not sure of the name.