[UHNA] Possibility of designating Riddle Road an Historic District

  • From: "ecereb" <ecereb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Group:, UHNA" <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:43:53 -0400

The following three emails are the correspondents we have been having with
the Historic Conservation Office, Department of Community Development and
Planning, City of Cincinnati.

Much of Cincinnati's history is ripped into rentals and then eventually
slips into obscurity. If it weren't for the economic limitations of this
inner city, much of what makes Cincinnati what it is, would be gone by now.
The idea of historic designation was born out of a hope for the saving the
historic fabric of our neighborhood.

It is commonly known among Hollywood producers that Cincinnati has much of
its older homes still intact and if they want to make an old time movie,
they come here.

The second email seems to leave little hope for this to be a reality.  But,
I have seen neighborhoods with much of its fabric gone be restored and
become historically significant.  Our neighborhood is rather unique with its
mix of architectures and the fact the homes bridge the transaction between
the Victorian era and the modern arts and crafts movement.  Case in point,
my home.  It is a very early arts and crafts bungalow.

We will continue with the dialog with the city.

Steve S 660 Riddle Road.