[UHNA] 3 - Possibility of designating Riddle Road an Historic District

  • From: "ecereb" <ecereb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Group:, UHNA" <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:39:45 -0400

Mr. Staubach,

I have spoken with the consultants for the CUF survey update. They revisited
the site and remain unconvinced that the district is eligible for National
Register or local designation. This is in large part to the substantial
modification of the houses, but does not consider any additional historic
significance you may be have (beyond that on your web sites) to justify
listing.

Local designation would ultimately be the decision of City Council and would
start with the Historic Conservation Board. If you wished to make a request
for designation, staff would prepare a preliminary report for the Board. The
HCB would determine whether we would proceed to prepare a formal designation
report.

Please let me know if you wish to pursue listing or if you wish to discuss
this further.

William Forwood