[uae] Re: New test builds

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Fred Itschner <fitschner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:26:35 -0500

Hi Fred

On Friday 10 June 2005 06:54 am, you wrote:
> What is "chmod 777"? I didn't get the macosx sdl running.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Sorry about that. There's apparently a problem with the permissions on the
binary - proabably because I just packed it with bzip2, rather than putting
it in a zip or tar archive.

Try doing:

chmod 777 uae

The '777' here is an octal number which corresponds to the permissions to
change. The digits refer to in sequence the permissions for the file's owner,
the file's group and everybody else. Setting all these to '7' will give
everybody read, write and execute permission on the file.

You can also write this as:

chmod a+rwx uae

to achieve the same thing.

If you do 'man chmod', it'll tell you more about the chmod command.

Hope that helps.