[uae] Re: A bit of static/extern problems with GNU GCC 4.0.0

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:32:16 -0500

Hi Markku

On Friday 10 June 2005 04:27 am, Markku Sukanen wrote:
> Things to notice/fix in CVS:
>
>   - bootstrap.sh causes make to be called and it complains about missing
>     "all" target for src/Makefile -- just a cosmetic "error", you have to
>     anyway execute configure by yourself.

Um. bootstrap.sh doesn't run make. I wonder why this is happening for you?

> I made a new build with:
>     ./configure --enable-alsa --with-sdl-gfx --enable-bsdsocket-new
>
> and... resulted in multiple "error: invalid type argument of ‘->’" in,
>
> bsdsocket-posix-new.c:  m68k_*reg( regs     I fixed it to:
>                          m68k_*reg( &regs
> bsdsocket.c:            m68k_*reg( regs     I fixed it to:
>                          m68k_*reg( &regs

Ah. Yes. I missed those with the recent changes to the 68k interpreter. Your
changes are correct. I'll fix those in CVS.

Does the 'new' bsdsocket emulation work okay for you? I haven't tried it in a
while, but it used to cause some inexplicable segfaults for me, and I never
had the time to track down the precise cause.