[uae] Re: E-UAE freezes in OS4update1 ?

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:44:23 -0500

Hi Dennis

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 02:26 pm, Dennis Smith wrote:
>           I discovered a recent UAE freezing problem in OS4update1. It's
> exactly
> the same problems I had with Catweasel. Well, the Cat isn't here any more
> and UAE will freeze on all versions. I even installed the OS4pre version
> and it fails.
>
>        One of the 'big' changes in IO for OS4update1 was the elimination of
> of  CIA-resources.library.kmod in Kickstart. Does it effect E-UAE.? I have
> to say yes!

The removal of the CIA resource module won't make a difference. It's not used
by anything in the OS4 update (the A1 doesn't even have CIAs).

>       The freeze: I loaded both OS2 and OS3 to any version of UAE and
> freeze like this:
>                From WB, I use shell to list the floopy. Quit shell. Load
> another floppy.
> But now, in the shell, the keyboard, is lost. "list" won't type. If you
> touch the
> mouse--freeze! Mouse, keyboard, floppy are all connected to a Complex
> Interface Adapter in the real Amiga IIRC.

Hmmm. Do you get this problem just when booting WB? For instance, do games
work okay?

When you say "freeze" is it just UAE that's freezing or does your system
completely freeze?

Can you send me (privately) the config file you are using?

> Ah yes, 'Gary' was a cia
> controller.

Gary controlled access to the system bus (Gary = gate array). Later versions
added the IDE controller in there, I believe. E.g. Gayle on the 1200.

> Sorry I went and wrecked the enviroment, but I am recyclabel! :)

I beg your pardon? ;-)