[uae] Re: Chance for include serial Interface in LinuxUAE ?

  • From: Bernd Stuht <stuht@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:09:25 +0100

Am Dienstag 05 Dezember 2006 17:40 schrieb Toni Wilen:

> btw, I have finally implemented "uaeserial.device" (not yet 100%
> properly working), it is serial-device style device that maps directly
> to host's serial ports (for example in Windows uaeserial.device unit 1 =
> COM1, unit 2 = COM2 etc..) Can support multiple ports simultaneously and
> should have better performance than Paula serial port emulation.

On original Amiga i am using an non Standard serial.device too - this works
also faster/better then "Paula"

> It is in two parts, OS-specific part and non-OS specific part, should be
> quite easy to port. (Windows serial port handling may be quite weird
> compared to any other OS, as usual.. so not so sure about the "easy" part..)

If this is portable to Linux UAE it would help me for sure, not all Programms
support to use other devices as serial.device. but most of them.

I would need a Howto to insert the uaeserial.device - if it is possible with
my small Knewledge - only a bit Assembler on Amiga, very small C and
mostly used Linux Bash - if i could help to build Parts of UAE.
( If i get Info´s i could learn... )

Best Regards

Bernd