[uae] Re: Chance for include serial Interface in LinuxUAE ?

  • From: Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:40:46 +0200

On Friday 01 December 2006 14:26, Bernd Stuht wrote:
UAE for Linux does not include the serial Interfaces,
this in the "to do List", whitch Priority ? ;-)

It is on the "to-do list", but not high priority at the moment. I am open to persuasion, though. Convince me why serial support is important.

btw, I have finally implemented "uaeserial.device" (not yet 100% properly working), it is serial-device style device that maps directly to host's serial ports (for example in Windows uaeserial.device unit 1 = COM1, unit 2 = COM2 etc..) Can support multiple ports simultaneously and should have better performance than Paula serial port emulation.

It is in two parts, OS-specific part and non-OS specific part, should be quite easy to port. (Windows serial port handling may be quite weird compared to any other OS, as usual.. so not so sure about the "easy" part..)