[uae] Re: CAPS plugin (was 'Compile problems with UAE 0.8.25')

  • From: Derek Piper <dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:44:54 -0500

Okay, 2nd installment in the 'make' weirdness. The reason why it works perfectly for everyone else but me ... is my fault!. I had been doing some distcc testing and while the build was not using distcc to be compiled, I had a shell alias for 'make' of 'make -j8'. It seems that makes attempt to parallelize the build causes race conditions and breaks it horribly.

I know better now :) Sorry for any hair lost, Rich.

Let me thank you for a great Amiga emulator! Nothing like giving the gift of nostalgia.

Derek

Derek Piper wrote:

Richard Drummond wrote:

Every time I run make it gets a little bit closer to finishing. Is the
order of the targets incorrect? Why does it need to have to be
'prodded' along like that? 'make' needs to be run 3 times in order for
the build to complete. Is that normal?

Very bizarre.