[uae] Re: CAPS plugin (was 'Compile problems with UAE 0.8.25')

  • From: Derek Piper <dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:10:19 -0500

Mauricio, you da man :)

That was indeed the problem. Yes, since I am new to using UAE I did have the latest CAPS library, but no experience to know that it had 'changed'. Explains why no matter where I stuffed the stupid library it couldn't find it :>

Thanks very much :)

Derek

Mauricio Muñoz Lucero wrote:
Hi!!! ^__^

Well, like I said I already tried adding the exact directory to
ld.so.conf. I had added the symlink in /usr/lib/ and it had made no
difference. Unless there are some other 'instructions' I'm unaware of,
shouldn't that be it? Where is uae trying to load the CAPS plug-in from?
I have the library itself copied to /usr/lib/ now, and it still comes up
with 'Failed to load CAPS plug-in.' and dies (yes, the file and path are
world readable). Is anyone else trying to run UAE+CAPS on Debian Woody?

If you are using the last version of CAPS plug-in, the name of the lib are changed, because that edit the 'src/caps/caps.c' source file and change the line:
#define CAPSLIB_NAME "libcapsimage.so.1"
to:
#define CAPSLIB_NAME "libcapsimage.so.2"

Recompile and you will can use CAPS files again.

Maurice.

-- Derek Piper - dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx - (812) 856 0111 IRI 323, School of Informatics Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana