[uae] Re: Better handling of the project

  • From: Stefan Reinauer <stepan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:24:09 +0100

On 1/29/10 3:06 PM, Andrew 'Truck' Holland wrote:
> If you want to help the DEVELOPERS, you should ask them what they NEED.
>
> I will lay GREAT odds that the answers will come back that they need people
> to contribute more CODE
Very well said.

If folks are about to send replies to this list "but I can't code": That
is something that can be learned. I myself taught myself C++ when UAE
was still written in C++ in order to be able to contribute. However
small my contributions in code may have been in the past, learning
something by following a hobby is always more worthwhile than repeating
already asked questions. Always ask yourself: If the feature you desire
to see in UAE is not worth enough of my time to learn enough C to
implement it, why should anyone else take the time to think about what
you want. Either use what's there or learn how to make it better
yourself. Frankly, "Requesting features" helps and interests nobody.

Now I go back to not contributing.

Stefan