[tvservice] Re: 27"Sylvania model 27Y100-OOAA

  • From: "Dave" <dasls11@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:09:23 -0500

I believe that would be the IC270 that I changed. It, is a 52 pin chip and
controls all the audio, video, vertical sync etc. There is a board for the
audio-video input jacks, I noticed it wasn't setting all the way down so I
checked and found one of the socket pins was bent. I straightened it out and
re-plugged the board. THE SET PLAYS OK NOW. I think somebody tried working on
the set before it came to me. I repaired a lot of Bad solder, changed out Ic270
and replace C432 100mf @ 200v cap. But it didn't play until I found the problem
I spoke of. Did I fix any thing? What was it?
Dave