Re: harmonic entropy

  • From: Carl Lumma <carl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:51:15 -0700

>carl, have you been peeking at the harmonic_entropy list on yahoogroups,
>by any chance?

I just had a look.

BTW, I don't want people to think I'm just too much of a prude to use
yahoo.  That's only half of the reason. :)  I just couldn't handle
the volume of messages we were experiencing in May and June.

>actually, i'm being lazy. I don't need mathematical tools, i've already
>sketched out the entire calculation! You've seen the "snowflakes" . . .

'Aye.  Still, I can't help but think there must be an easier way.
For example, nobody's ever responded to my accusations that every
dyadic h.e. curve I've ever seen has local minima corresponding to
a Stern-Brocot tree.

-Carl

with the subject line "info tuning-math".  Or visit the
website:  < //www.freelists.org/list/tuning-math > .