[tssg-tech] Re: <link> "Working with XML on Android"

  • From: "Beatrice W. Chaney" <bwchaney@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:18:37 -0400

Hi,
I suspect (but haven't verified it) that the BostonEventList data might possibly not be well-formed. I ran the site through the W3 validator http://validator.w3.org/ some time ago (and again now), and it comes up with a number of errors. Having a site be valid XHTML is a critical prerquisite to getting on top of Google's list.

If this is the case (first, need to verify that well-formedness is really the problem) there are tidy-up utilities available, but we'd have to see whether they are suitable for Android.

Thanks,
Bea

Harry Henriques wrote:

Hello,

I think Bea referenced the IBM website regarding RSS parser alternatives. I downloaded the application from the website, and massaged the files. I was able to get the application to successfully create an apk and load successfully into the Android Emulator. The application is partially working, but I could use some help debugging it. The application doesn't parse the BostonEventsList. For some reason, it stops before displaying a ListView.

I delivered the work I have finished to the SVN Repository in a Android project called MessageList.

I will continue to work on it as time permits. I've only just begun to fight.

Regards,
Harry Henriques
Java Developer