[tssg-tech] Re: description of RSS format - this time with link

  • From: "Jim Cant" <cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:19:08 -0400

Hi Julie,

I saw the files; they'll be helpful.  The use cases will be particularly
helpful in getting the UI designed correctly.

The RSS file is a little daunting.  It looks like it will take a bit of doing
to extract all the various bits of information that are packed in the
<description> tag with the <item>

jim

        From: Jim Cant <cant_jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [tssg-tech] description of RSS format - this time with link
        To: "tssg tech" <tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
TSSG-Chelmsford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 3:39 PM

        I found this a helpful and concise description of the RSS standard.  It
helps if you're conversant in XML

        http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification

        Look at the descriptions of what you can put in the <description> part
of the <item> element.

        jim

        Note: Next week I'll stop posting to both lists; Android project
postings will go only the the tech list.
        To subscribe to the tech list send an e-mail to
            tssg-tech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        and put
           subscribe
        in the subject line.