[tssg-tech] Re: description of RSS format - this time with link

  • From: Julie Carwellos <jcarwellos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:00:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Jim. Related to that, the UI/Core group has a directory in the TSSG
'Files --> Android Project' area called 'Core' that contains some files we're
working with. One is 'RSSitems.rtf' and contains some of the <item> elements in
a feed from a few days ago.

The 'items' are raw RSS, so some components are not immediately recognizeable,
but it's good to know that &gt; means the > character and &lt; means the <
character. These would have named tags (e.g. class, div)  between them. Tag
content is then beween a <tag> </tag> pair.

-julie

Julie (Dingee) Carwellos
Web and IT Project Analyst, User Experience and Interaction Designer
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdingeecarwellos