[tssg-tech] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 in VirtualBox on Windows 7 host

  • From: Julie Carwellos <jcarwellos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 03:45:48 -0700 (PDT)

My Windows 7 development stack is 64-bit Java and Galileo, native (no linux
virtual machine) and has about the same 1-minute performance you describe to
start the emulator and app. But once you get it running, you don't need to shut
it down to start an updated version of your app - it will hot-swap the .apk and
restart it pretty quickly.

Julie (Dingee) Carwellos
Web and IT Project Analyst, User Experience and Interaction Designer
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdingeecarwellos