[tssg-tech] Fwd: Unemployment insurance info, phone #s

  • From: Robert Mallory <robertsmallory@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 23:30:28 -0400

A couple of questions came up at the beginning of our TSSG meeting a week
ago and here are some responses that address them.

1) Here are some phone #s for DUA that were given to me and that I have
found useful, especially the "adjudication" #.  The people at these #s are
typically more courteous and helpful then at the main phone # that appears
on the web page you use to file for your benefits online.

Adjudication Unit:      (617) 626-5858
Problem Resolution:   (617) 626-5400
 Check Status:           (617) 626-6563

2) On another topic, I had researched in the past the issue about having
some earnings while you are on uneployment in Mass. and found an
informative web page on the Labor and Workforce Development (EOLWD)
website.  It gives a good explanation of the potential impact to your UI
benefits.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=elwdterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Claimants&L2=Unemployment+Insurance+(UI)&L3=How+to+File+Weekly+Claim&sid=Elwd&b=terminalcontent&f=dua_weekly_claim_working_part_time&csid=Elwd

3) Also, there is an explanation and web page below regarding when
unemployment benefits are expected to run out in 2012.

Regards.
Scott