[tssg-tech] Code Camp Report (Saturday Oct 29th)

  • From: Jim Peters <jpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:41:24 -0400

All,

I spent the day Saturday in Waltham at the New England Code Camp 16 Event.  I
heard about it on the ANG mailing list a month ago and decided because the
price was right (my time and gas to get there.) I'd try it out.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and ended up staying to the very end despite the snow
storm.

I attended the presentations about:

        Developing Applications for the Microsoft Kinnect
        A Thorough Introduction to Javascript
        10 Common Unit Testing Mistakes
        HTML5 for the Sliverlight Guy: An Introduction to "serious" Javascript
Development
        Building Your First JQuery Plugin
        Javascript's in ur backend: An Introduction to node.js
        Callbacks, Promises and Coroutines - Oh My! The Evolution of
Asynchronicity in Javascript

I ended up at a lot of Javascript related talks because I'm not really
knowledgable of Windows programming and David Padbury did a brilliant job of
presenting.

That is only about 20% of the topics.    Slides , abstracts and the entire
schedule of topics are at eventbrite.   The current number of slides is small.
  It might be worth looking at.

I'll be looking for the next round.  I do plan to be at the meeting tomorrow
unless I hear the Acton library doesn't have power.

Jim.