[troop52alumni] [Troop 52] EBlast for Thursday February 12, 2015

  • From: "Smith, Jimmy" <JimmySmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "troop52alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <troop52alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:59:56 +0000

Exciting times at T52.

Our SPL put together a 4 week "Knot Your Mamma's Knot Tourney" in preparation
for Camporee ... the winning patrol getting to eat dinner with the Bats at the
Tom Wood Fishing Campout and the patrol leader get a "golden" monkey fist.
ISN'T FOOD ALWAYS JUST THE BEST INCENTIVE ?!?

The first week we utilized our two new knot tying stations in "Knot your
Momma's Knots 101."

The second week ours scouts used their lashing skills to lash together a 15
foot "fishing pole" ...  clove hitched a "fishing string" ... and fished for 3
rat traps  in "Mamma's Knot Rat Fishing 101."

This past week in the "I Knot That 101" our scouts competed against each other
in Boy Scout Jeopardy, First Aid and Patrol Feud.

The next Tmeeting is "Up, Down and All Around 101"  based around orienteering
skills.

As an incentive for the scouts to explore the website we are having knife
give-aways.... we require each week they answer a question taken from various
places on the website.  Their entry form is permission from the parents to
receive the knife if their name is drawn and they have to present their Totin'
Chip card with at least one corner still attached in order to win.

So far the answers have been found on: HOME page under announcements, in the
Photo Albums and this week they have to search the Merit Badge Counselors for a
particular Eagle MBC.

Set your recorder and watch Grey's Anatomy on Tuesday and come by for a visit
.... we'd love to see you!

YIS

PS: BSA Jeopardy was a huge hit ... Would you slightly used Bats consider
challenging the new and imporved Bats to a round????  If so send me an email at
JimmySmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:JimmySmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Troop 52 EBlast
        Thursday February 12, 2015
  Patrols: Red Cobras, Wolf   Groups: Committee
        access website<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/>

Announcements

VIM .... Very Important Meeting ... this Monday ... OA ELECTION
Posted on Wednesday February 11, 2015   (Troop)
Your fellow scouts have put forward for your consideration a ballot containing
the names of your fellow scouts deemed worthy to represent you and your troop.
These scouts best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lifes.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3588> >

3rd Knife Give-Away @ 2/16/15 Tmeeting ...Win a 3" Stainless Steel Blade
Posted on Wednesday February 11, 2015   (Troop)
This weeks question: Of the 6 Cooking Merit Badge Counselors ... the name of
the MBC that does not have any contact information, neither email or phone is
listed and why do you think that information is not listed?
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3587> >

Congratulations to Senior ASPL Michael Taborn Winner of this weeks 3" Stainless
Steel Knife
Posted on Tuesday February 10, 2015     (Troop)
Well done Mr. Taborn, Mr. Taborn's winning answer was Drew Pusey. Thanks
everyone who searched out the answer on our website.

First Aid MB Counselor available
Posted on Monday February 9, 2015       (Troop)
Kirstin Kirby kristinkirby701@xxxxxxxxx will be available to sign off on the
First Aid Merit Badge at the troop meetings listed below. You are encouraged to
have the worksheets filled out. Kristin will have the mannequin available for
demonstrations.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3584> >

Cut off for Seabase 2016 choices THURSDAY 2/12/15 older scouts only
Posted on Friday February 6, 2015       (Troop)
We need a number count TODAY for scouts and scouters to determine what program
we will be signing up for on 2/16/15 the deadline for Seabase Florida for the
year 2016 High Adventure Camp. This was annouced at the 2/9/15 Tmeeting.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3577> >

EIM Refresher Workshop @ Emmaus Thursday, March 12, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Posted on Friday February 6, 2015       (Troop)
Must attend a one-hour refresher workshop every three years. Visit
www.emmausparish.org/eim for details. Call the parish office to register.

National Signing Date is in the books!
Posted on Friday February 6, 2015       (Troop)
National Signing Day yesterday was a huge success for T52! T52 led the Bee Cave
District with the following 5 star recruits:

P72: Jackson Green, Connor Horn, Van Pfeiffer, Andrew Segner
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3571> >

Events

Cut off for Seabase 2016 choices THURSDAY 2/12/15 older scouts only
Thu Feb 12, 2015        (Troop)

School Holiday
Thu Feb 12, 2015 -> Mon Feb 16, 2015    (Troop)

EIM Basic Workshop Thursday, February 12, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ EMMAUS
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:00pm (Troop)
Location: Emmaus
EIM Basic Workshop (English)
Thursday, February 12, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Parish volunteers and staff must attend a three-hour EIM workshop. Visit
www.emmausparish.org/eim for details. Call the parish office to register and to
reserve the nursery.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3566> >

Tmeeting ... OA election. Completion of Round 3 & Round 4 is Up, Down and All
Around 101
Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:00pm (Troop)
Flags Shark: Brogan Leonard PL, Grant Webb APL, Nick Meier ASPL, ASM's Ken
Swisher & Venkanna Ambati

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

... We have a guest from P442 Garek Johnson.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3158> >
T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-2.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-2.pdf>

PLC & Committee Meeting
Tue Feb 24, 2015        (Troop)
Location: Emmaus
Rotation of Patol's leading Tmeetings:
Jan-Cobra, Feb-Shark, Mar-Panther, Apr-Wolf, May-Apache, Jun-Panther
Jul-Cobra, Aug-Shark, Sep-Panther, Oct-Wolf, Nov-Apache, Dec-Panther
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3077> >
T522015TresRitosSummerCampReservation.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T522015TresRitosSummerCampReservation.pdf>

Tmeeting ... Lash and Dash 101
Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:00pm  (Troop)
Flags Panther: Mason Longmore PL, Mitchell Horn APL, Hayden M ASPL, ASM's Bryan
Anderson & Srini Singireddy

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

... Welcome to our new scouts that just crossed over...you will be assigned to
patrols at the Tom Wood Fishing Campout.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3159> >
T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-3.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-3.pdf>

New Parent Orientation & Summer Camp
Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:00pm  (Troop)
New Parent Orientation ... HOSTED BY: Sylvia Meier, Laura Smith, Emilie
Christi, Nicoltte Cannata, Mariah Froelich

Advancement & MB's ... Blue Card 101... Assign Parent Mentors... How to sign up
for campouts on-line and pay ... Summer Camp 101 at Tres Ritos FULL PAYMENT DUE
3/23/15... Assign Patrols
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3402> >

Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement session
Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:25pm  (Troop)
Location: Lakeway Elementary School across the street from Emmaus Catholic
Church
Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement session
Scouter: Mike Taborn (mtaborn7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Location: Meet at the track behind Lakeway Elementary School (1701 Lohmans
Crossing Road). The school is located across the street from the Emmaus
Catholic Church.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3589> >

EIM Refresher Workshop @ Emmaus Thursday, March 12, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:00pm (Troop)
Location: Emmaus
Must attend a one-hour refresher workshop every three years. Visit
www.emmausparish.org/eim for details. Call the parish office to register.

Tom Wood Fishing Campout
Fri Mar 27, 2015 -> Sun Mar 29, 2015    (Troop)
Location: Tom Wood Ranch
SiC:

Patrol that won the Knot Madness Tourney gets to eat dinner with the bats and
Patrol Leader is presented with the Monkey Fist

Assign new scouts to patrols.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3068> >
T52TeachingSyllabusForTotinChip-3.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52TeachingSyllabusForTotinChip-3.pdf>
TomWoodRanchDirections-1.docx<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/TomWoodRanchDirections-1.docx>
T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-6.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-6.pdf>

PLC ... No Troop Meeting
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00pm (Troop)
Location: Emmaus
Rotation of Patol's leading Tmeetings:
Jan-Cobra, Feb-Shark, Mar-Panther, Apr-Wolf, May-Apache, Jun-Panther
Jul-Cobra, Aug-Shark, Sep-Panther, Oct-Wolf, Nov-Apache, Dec-Panther
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3074> >

Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement session
Mon Apr 6, 2015 6:25pm  (Troop)
Location: Lakeway Elementary School across the street from Emmaus Catholic
Church
Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement session
Scouter: Mike Taborn, mtaborn7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Location: Meet at the track behind Lakeway Elementary School (1701 Lohmans
Crossing Road). The school is located across the street from the Emmaus
Catholic Church.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3590> >

Website Pages

New Scouts & Parents<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/1782>
Thank you for visiting Troop 52!<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/2582>

Files

OA Regalia<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52OARegalia.docx>
Email <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52EmailLists.docx>
Travois
Lashings<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52TRAVOISRACINGMORE.doc>

Event Registration

Sat Feb 21,  10:00am    (Troop)

Bridge Build for Crossover/ Skills
Campout<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3067>
12 people attending

Fri Mar 27 -> Sun Mar 29        (Troop)

Tom Wood Fishing Campout <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3068>
Register by Fri Mar 20, 2015,     11 people attending

Fri Apr 10 -> Sun Apr 12        (Troop)

Camporee Campout Theme SCOUT OLYMPICS<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3076>
Register by Fri Apr 3, 2015,     2 people attending

Fri Apr 17      (Troop)

BP MS150 Tent Put-Up<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3071>
Register by Mon Apr 13, 2015,     0 people attending

Sun Apr 19,  7:00am     (Troop)

BP MS150 Ice Sales<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3072>
Register by Fri Apr 17, 2015,     2 people attending

Fri May 01 -> Sun May 03        (Troop)

Campout El Rancho Cima Zip Line & Horse
riding<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3460>
Register by Fri Apr 10, 2015,     4 people attending

Sat Jul 18 -> Sun Jul 26        (Troop)

Tres Ritos Week 3 ... 7/18-26/15<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3365>
Register by Mon Mar 23, 2015,     30 people attending

Next 7 Days

Thu Feb 12 -> Mon Feb 16        (Troop)

School Holiday

Thu Feb 12      (Troop)

Cut off for Seabase 2016 choices THURSDAY 2/12/15 older scouts only

Thu Feb 12,  6:00pm     (Troop)

EIM Basic Workshop Thursday, February 12, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM @
EMMAUS<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3566>
Emmaus
EIM Basic Workshop (English) Thursday, February 12, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Parish
volunteers and staff must attend a three-hour EIM workshop. Visit
www.emmausparish.org/eim for details.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3566> >

Sat Feb 14      (Troop)

Boy Scout Sabbath

Sat Feb 14      (Troop)

possible rock climbing date. 01/20/15 Mr. Beneski investigating

Sun Feb 15,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Mon Feb 16      (Troop)

OA Election <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3458>
From: Paul Hendricks [paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January 22,
2015 10:06 AM To: Smith, Jimmy Subject: Re: 012214 OA ELECTION set for 2/16/15
I will be there.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3458> >

Mon Feb 16,  6:00pm     (Troop)

2/16/15 last day for Florida Sea Base for 2016

Mon Feb 16,  7:00pm     (Troop)

Tmeeting ... OA election. Completion of Round 3 & Round 4 is Up, Down and All
Around 101<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3158>
Flags Shark: Brogan Leonard PL, Grant Webb APL, Nick Meier ASPL, ASM's Ken
Swisher & Venkanna Ambati ANNOUNCEMENTS: ... We have a guest from P442 Garek
Johnson.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3158> >
T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-2.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52CamporeeSPLSkillsList-2.pdf>

Wed Feb 18      (Troop)

MS 150 send pre-order ice form to Trenton Foster Development Mgr for
MS<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3439>
) 02/18/14 send pre-order ice form to Trenton Foster 512.340.2705
Trenton.Foster@xxxxxxxx to review ) 02/18/14 send email regarding 2 ice
merchandisers & cost of ice to James Young of Kwik Ice 512.459.5945
www.kwikice.com ...
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3439> >

Next 30 Days

Thu Feb 19,  6:30pm     (Troop)

Pack 91 B&G <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3565>
Cedar Creek Elementary

Sat Feb 21,  7:00am     (Troop)

Merit Badge University @ UT 2015<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3035>
http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/buildings/utc.html

Sat Feb 21,  10:00am    (Troop)

Bridge Build for Crossover/ Skills
Campout<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3067>
Nature Conservancy Pavilion

Sat Feb 21      (Troop)

P442 B&G <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3367>

Sat Feb 21      (Troop)

P445 B&G <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3491>

Sun Feb 22,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3547>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Sun Feb 22,  6:00pm     (Troop)

P72 Blue & Gold<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3499>
Westlake Presbyterian Church

Mon Feb 23,  5:00pm     (Troop)

Crossover at Nature Conservancy<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/2937>
Nature Conservancy Pavilion

Tue Feb 24      (Troop)

PLC & Committee Meeting<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3077>
Emmaus

Sun Mar 01,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Ad Altare Dei<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3099>
PLC rm 204

Sun Mar 01,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3548>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Sun Mar 01,  6:00pm     (Troop)

3rd Philmont payment due<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3137>

Mon Mar 02,  7:00pm     (Troop)

Tmeeting ... Lash and Dash 101<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3159>

Mon Mar 02,  7:00pm     (Troop)

New Parent Orientation & Summer Camp<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3402>

Sun Mar 08,  2:00am     (Troop)

Daylight Savings Time Starts<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3517>

Sun Mar 08,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3549>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Mon Mar 09,  6:25pm     (Troop)

Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement
session<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3589>
Lakeway Elementary School across the street from Emmaus Catholic Church

Mon Mar 09,  7:00pm     (Troop)

Tmeeting<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3160>

Thu Mar 12,  7:00pm     (Troop)

EIM Refresher Workshop @ Emmaus Thursday, March 12, 7:00 PM - 8:00