[troop52alumni] [Troop 52] EBlast for Thursday February 19, 2015

  • From: "Smith, Jimmy" <JimmySmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "troop52alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <troop52alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:00:27 +0000

Greeting's Bats of old.

We had a very successful OA election this past week ... we had 42% of our
scouts show up to vote... some we hadn't seen for months.   Sam Swisher, Eric
Baker, David Hellrung are seniors this year and of course Jacob Beneski moved
on last year, leaving a vacuum for our ceremony team.  Last year we only had 2
scouts elected.  We worked hard on OA awareness and it paid off.   If all the
scouts elected go through Ordeal, the process of rebuilding our ceremonial team
is a strong possibility.

Our crossover is this coming Monday, we have 17 scouts joining our ranks.  The
GREAT news about this is we have a strong parent group coming in ... we've
already tapped 3 for ASM's.   We  are starting a new T52 tradition this year of
announcing our new scouts on the first Wednesday in February.  SOUND FAMILIAR?
We are piggybacking on National Signing Day ... we'll use this to motivate them
to commit early so that they can see their names in our eblast.

Gotta run...My 8 hours a day of scouting is just beginning!

Jimmy

 Troop 52 EBlast
        Thursday February 19, 2015
  Patrols: Red Cobras, Wolf   Groups: Committee
        access website<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/>

Announcements

IMPORTANT change of date and time
Posted on Wednesday February 18, 2015   (Troop)
Due to inclement weather the building of the Crossover Bridge has been changed
to SUNDAY from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.

We need everyone on hand for this build ... unless you are have the lashing
prowess of Jeremiah Johnson, you need to be there.
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3641> >

4th Knife Give-Away at 3/2/15 Tmeeting ... Who is the "The King" in Mr. B's Big
Blue Boy Scout Bathrobe adventure?
Posted on Wednesday February 18, 2015   (Troop)
Hint: Click Photo Albums ... Scroll to the bottom ...click Adventures of Mr.
B's Big Blue Boy Scout Bathrobe ... Check back each week on his journey through
the Kingdom of Lakeway!
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3638> >

Congratulations ASPL Cory Smith Winner of this weeks 3" Stainless Steel Knife
Posted on Tuesday February 17, 2015     (Troop)
Well done Mr. Smith, Mr. Smith winning answer was Aaron Webb. Thanks everyone
for going to the Merit Badge Counselor link. There were only 5 entries this
past week.

Cumulative Scores for the "Knot Your Mamma's Knot Tourney"
Posted on Tuesday February 17, 2015     (Troop)
Cumulative Scores for the "Knot Your Mamma's Knot Tourney"

1st place with 3075 points Blue Wolf Patrol
2nd place with 2035 points Red Cobra
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3639> >

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You Parents for getting your scouts to the church
on time!
Posted on Tuesday February 17, 2015     (Troop)
Be sure to sign up for the April 10-12th Camporee when we will all find out who
you elected to the Order of the Arrow. Mr. Beneski is on the Camporee Planning
Committee and he says "T52 is winning GOLD!"
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3637> >

Events

P442 B&G
Sat Feb 21, 2015        (Troop)
Location: Lakeway Church Sanctuary
(5)Arthur Blake, Drew Brawley, David Van Heijningen, Garek Johnson, Jason Wilson

Mr. Doggett and Mr. Beneski representing T52

Bridge Build for Crossover/ Skills Campout
Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:00pm (Troop)
Location: Nature Conservancy Pavilion
Bring you lashing skills!
The pavilion is located off of Bee Cave road near Lakehills Church
OA ceremony team & Smudge Pots

Philmont Training at Nature Conservancy
Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:00pm (Troop)
From: Smith, Jimmy Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:54 PM To:
sag3003@xxxxxxxxxxx; Rick Arney; elena.cabezadevaca@xxxxxxxxx;
mariesweeps@xxxxxxxxx; vdenisio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; glomb1@xxxxxxx;
scott@xxxxxxxxxxx; lisarholloway@xxxxxxxxx; sean.jameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
paula@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ronjkirby@xxxxxxxxx; sylvia-meier@xxxxxxxx;
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; SMITH, LAURA; mtaborn7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
cfvilly@xxxxxxxxx; jwebb4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; aaronwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
thearchuletafamily@xxxxxxxxx;
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3547> >

Sun Feb 22,  6:00pm     (Troop)

P72 Blue & Gold<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3499>
Westlake Presbyterian Church
Jackson Green, Connor Horn, Van Pfeiffer, Andrew Segner

Mon Feb 23,  5:00pm     (Troop)

Crossover at Nature Conservancy<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/2937>
Nature Conservancy Pavilion
Flags Shark:...Brogan Leonard PL, Grant Webb APL ASM's Ken Swisher & Venkanna
Ambati Location: Nature Conservancy Pavilion Event Details: 6:00pm arrive at
the Nature Conservancy Pavilion located next to Lakehills Church on Bee Cave Rd
6:00 -6:45 scouts will work on their Scout Badge with T52 ALL ASPL's TO TEACH
SCOUT BADGE: WEBELOS WILL BE BROKEN INTO 5 GROUPS AS THEY ARRIVE 6:00 -6:45
parents will complete any remaining paperwork ...
< read more<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/2937> >

Tue Feb 24      (Troop)

PLC & Committee Meeting<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3077>
Emmaus
Rotation of Patol's leading Tmeetings: Jan-Cobra, Feb-Shark, Mar-Panther,
Apr-Wolf, May-Apache, Jun-Panther Jul-Cobra, Aug-Shark, Sep-Panther, Oct-Wolf,
Nov-Apache, Dec-Panther decide what country we will be for Camporee: Djibouti
[...]
T52BugJuiceSong-1.pdf<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/system/files/T52BugJuiceSong-1.pdf>

Next 30 Days

Sun Mar 01,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Ad Altare Dei<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3099>
PLC rm 204

Sun Mar 01,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3548>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Sun Mar 01,  6:00pm     (Troop)

3rd Philmont payment due<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3137>

Mon Mar 02,  7:00pm     (Troop)

Tmeeting ... Round 4 "Lash and Dash 101"<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3159>

Mon Mar 02,  7:00pm     (Troop)

New Parent Orientation & Summer Camp<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3402>

Sun Mar 08,  2:00am     (Troop)

Daylight Savings Time Starts<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3517>

Sun Mar 08,  2:30pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3549>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Mon Mar 09,  6:25pm     (Troop)

Tenderfoot Rank Fitness requirement
session<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3589>
Lakeway Elementary School across the street from Emmaus Catholic Church

Mon Mar 09,  7:00pm     (Troop)

Tmeeting ... Round 5 Orienteering "Up, Down and All Around
101"<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3160>

Thu Mar 12,  7:00pm     (Troop)

EIM Refresher Workshop @ Emmaus Thursday, March 12, 7:00 PM - 8:00
PM<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3567>
Emmaus

Sun Mar 15,  2:25pm     (Troop)

Philmont Training at Mt Lakeway <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3550>
Mt Lakeway behind Serene Hills Elem

Mon Mar 16 -> Fri Mar 20        (Troop)

School Holiday<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/2933>

Mon Mar 16 -> Fri Mar 20        (Committee)

NYLT Spring <http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3116>
Camp Green Dickson

Fri Mar 20      (Troop)

March Campout Cut-Off<http://lakeway52.mytroop.us/node/3456>