[triadtechtalk] Re: duplicates

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:09:58 -0800 (PST)

I've dnlded ToniArts' EasyCleaner 2.0 - *nice*!
It offers a "delete temp & temporary internet files"
feature(index.dat). jv16 does this as well via its
"Temp File Tool". There I've added this to it:

C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
E:\Documents And Settings\Armando Barreiro\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

This, when I boot into Win2K, jv16 will clear my
Win98's as well as my 2K's Index.dat files.

In my Win98 autoexec bat I've added:

DELTREE /Y C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
DELTREE /Y C:\WINDOWS\Tempor~1\Content.IE5\index.dat

upon rebooting this clears this junk, as well.
Redundant, perhaps, but it's all automatic.;)

armando.
"Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter
almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a
college education." ~Mark Twain

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:14:57 EST, Cuffy10@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/28/03 6:48:59 PM Pacific Standard

From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx

in Temporary Internet will be back no matter how many
times you delete it. You can reduce it to a minimum of
32 KB and then it will slowly build up again over a
period of months. I check it periodically and if it's
over a couple hundred KB I set Gipo's Move on Boot to
delete it on the next boot. A simple right click on the
file and select Move on Boot from the context menu is
all that's required.
The same is true of those other files that you can't
delete because they are in use. You can get that
here......
http://www.bykeyword.com/pages/move.html

I just checked the page for Move on Boot and that app
has been upgraded since I loaded it. I have version 1.7
which is freeware but the one above is 2.7. I'm
wondering if it has gone commercial, to shareware, or
if it's safe for me to download the upgrade??

criminal jury system which is
superior to any in the world; and its efficiency is
only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read."Mark
Twain