[triadtechtalk] Re: REALLY Unremovable Icon!!!

  • From: BRIAN CORNELIUS <bcornel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:23:19 -0800

Well, I am beginning to think that Microsoft put a un-removable icon on my
desktop! After viewing the suggestions by Cuffy, Chuck, and David I decided not
to use TweatUI since I do use the start button like David mentioned. I
carefully followed all the steps David
outlined and there was not a MSN or Microsoft Network listed there even after
Microsoft Net Meetings. I did not think that was it but, I removed it anyway
just to be sure. The icon is still
there. ( BTH there is a MSN 2.5 listed but surly that cannot be it).
However, I did notice something strange about the icon. If I left click on it
even when on the internet, nothing happens. If I right click on it and select
properties it says: properties are not available for it.
I tried your link Cuffy, but it lead me to the info on removing Network
Neighborhood and I decided I had better  take David's advise and keep it. So I
then tried a like search in Google for MSN Network, but I did not find anything
that helped.
If anyone has any idea what else might work I can try them. Otherwise I guess
it will be wise to just keep the two icons and move on the the "next easy"
problem.
Thanks to you all and may you all have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    BRIAN