[triadtechtalk] New Hard Drive Question

  • From: "Jim Moss" <jimmoss888@xxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:31:36 -0500

My HD quit and I took it to a shop to have it replaced so I would,
hopefully,not lose my many downloaded programs.  I was told that all my data
files would be OK(I had them backed up anyway), but I would have to
reinstallwindowsXP and all programs!

They replaced the HD with  a Maxtor 40 and when I picked up my computer I
wastold, "you have had good luck and we transfered all data, programs,
windows, settings to the new HD".

I thought I could not back up Windows and programs in case of a disaster!
How did they transfer everything exactly as it was?  Can I have this kind of
backup at home?

Jim Moss