[triadtechtalk] Re: My Documents

  • From: tomas santos <babaluscan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:47:33 -0700 (PDT)

A shortcut is just that, an icon representing the "my
Documents" folder. Deleting it will not free up space.
Well, maybe 8Kb or so, depending on your partition
size.

Though it may appear to you that there are 2 folders
of "my docs.", unless you've made a backup of the
folder, there is but only one.

Search for "my documents" and see how many yellow
folders you find listed in your PC. Probably just the
one.

Shortcuts don't count. You can put a shortcut to "my
documents" in multiple places of your HDD, but there
will only be one folder called "my documents" with all
the goodies inside.

You *should* make a back up of it if you value your
documents, to an external media. CDR-RW, tape,
floppies or second hard drive.

Sooner or later you may find out just how volatile a
HDD is.

HTH,
tomas