[triadtechtalk] Re: Brian Also Checking In: Any Vista Users?

  • From: Armando Barreiro <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:28:16 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

"What's wrong with Vista":
<http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9009961>

Many are using it now and are going through the motions expected when MS
releases a new OS.

You can save some $$ if you decide to buy a Vista capable PC that is now loaded
with XP:
"Use Vista's 'upgrade' version to clean-install"
http://windowssecrets.com/comp/070201

QUOTE ON
-----
The secret is that the setup program in Vista's upgrade version will accept an
installed copy of XP, W2K, or an unactivated copy of Vista itself as evidence
of a previous installation.
----
UNQUOTE

IOW, XP PCs are being dumped by the retailers and some of them are quite
capable of running Vista. The idea is to buy a Vista capable PC that now has P
and then use the above article to purchase a lower cost version of Vista and
still get the entire package.[1]

I've chosen to upgrade to Kubuntu instead.

Armando

[1]Windows Vista Capable and Premium Ready PCs
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx