[torontocbm] Re: Raspberry Pi Computer

  • From: "J Bourdeau" <jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:19:20 -0500

..Mr. Tyler might enjoy being a TPUG member and/or doing some meeting and/or
WOC demos....?

        From: J Bourdeau <jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx>
        To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 1:01 PM

        .."inspiring “a whole new Commodore 64 generation.”"..."there are going
to be people who use them for programming, as a gaming machine, as a media
planner, as a utility machine.”"..."but is designed to be plugged into a
TV."..."And people already have a high value expensive piece of electronic
equipment, a television, in their homes they can use for display.”"..."The
Model A, which has also been reworked to include 256 megabytes of RAM, “will go
into production immediately.”"

        It's Deja-Vu!! LOL...

        ..'might be worth holding off too until they setup the upgrades they

        -----Original Message----- From: Leif Bloomquist
        Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:00 AM
        To: wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [torontocbm] Raspberry Pi Computer

        I was about to email the group with a link to the new Raspberry Pi
        single-board computer.

        At a mere $35 with plenty of power, it's ideal for hobbyists, and the
        parallels with the Commodore 64 are obvious.   However, someone at the
        Toronto Star has made the same observation:

        Pretty cool, didn't know the OS was developed here in Toronto at Seneca

        Here are the project links.  Any thoughts?   I'll probably buy one
        once the furor dies down.

        -- Leif Bloomquist

        “What's in the way is the way.” - Lao Tzu