[torontocbm] Re: Raspberry Pi Computer

  • From: "J Bourdeau" <jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:19:20 -0500

..Mr. Tyler might enjoy being a TPUG member and/or doing some meeting and/or
WOC demos....?

        From: J Bourdeau <jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx>
        To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012, 1:01 PM

        .."inspiring “a whole new Commodore 64 generation.”"..."there are going
to be people who use them for programming, as a gaming machine, as a media
planner, as a utility machine.”"..."but is designed to be plugged into a
TV."..."And people already have a high value expensive piece of electronic
equipment, a television, in their homes they can use for display.”"..."The
Model A, which has also been reworked to include 256 megabytes of RAM, “will go
into production immediately.”"

        It's Deja-Vu!! LOL...

        ..'might be worth holding off too until they setup the upgrades they
mentioned...

        -----Original Message----- From: Leif Bloomquist
        Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:00 AM
        To: wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [torontocbm] Raspberry Pi Computer

        I was about to email the group with a link to the new Raspberry Pi
        single-board computer.

        At a mere $35 with plenty of power, it's ideal for hobbyists, and the
        parallels with the Commodore 64 are obvious.   However, someone at the
        Toronto Star has made the same observation:

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1138709--35-computer-with-toronto-designed-software-sells-out-worldwide-in-minutes?bn=1

        Pretty cool, didn't know the OS was developed here in Toronto at Seneca
College.

        Here are the project links.  Any thoughts?   I'll probably buy one
        once the furor dies down.

        http://www.raspberrypi.org/
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

        Cheers
        -Leif

        -- Leif Bloomquist
        wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.schemafactor.com

        “What's in the way is the way.” - Lao Tzu