[torontocbm] Re: Bits'N'Bytes DVDs

  • From: Matthew Lange <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 19:43:31 -0500

I would imagine Jason Scott would be interested in the digital files / DVD rips of those videos. I'd guess he'd post them to archive.org as well.

--Matthew

On 12/03/2011 04:30 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
Thanks for the offer, Derek, but another TPUG member kindly offered to transfer them and I gave them to him at WoC; I'll let you know when they're done, assuming there are no snags.

    On 2011-12-03, at 3:10 AM, "Mike Stein" <mhs.stein@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:mhs.stein@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,
    if I read the thread correctly then it sounds like we should
    probably support Syd and get the DVD set of B&B from him, and
    maybe also B&B II if he's going to produce those as well.
    I'm not really in a position to transfer the Academy tapes to DVD
    right now, but it looks like another member here might be able
    and willing; we'll see how that works out.
    Hope to see some of you later today!
    mike

        On 2011-12-02, at 10:12 PM, "Mike Stein" <mhs.stein@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:mhs.stein@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Ran across this thread while browsing through the archives
        to see what I'd missed after being accidentally unsubscribed
        somehow:
        As it happens I worked with Jim on all three series (B&B,
        B&B II, The Academy) and I've got off-the-air VHS tapes of
        all episodes of those shows somewhere, although after all
        this time they probably aren't as clear as they once were;
        look closely and you'll even see my name flash by in the B&B
        credits ;-)
        I've also got a set of the DVDs that Leif was looking for
        but I assume he has a set by now.
        If you're a Butterfield fan then The Academy is actually the
        show to see since he was the co-host with Jack Livesley.
        A couple of samples:
        www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSp7tWLlyY
        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSp7tWLlyY>
        www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kL3Akljxs

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kL3Akljxs>mike***************************************************************************
        From: "Ken Rath" <kenrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
        To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:04:14 -0400
        Does anyone have DVDs or VHSes of "The Academy with Jim
        Butterfield"? That was the show that usually followed Bits &
        Bytes on TVO.
        Thanks.

        Ken

        ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leif Bloomquist"