[tn-moths] Re: Photos from the yard

  • From: Rdhealy1951@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:58:30 EDT

Carol
I became interested in moths about 8 years ago when my porch light was
left on. I noticed such beauties flying and landing on my porch. I started
collecting moths identifying Grape Leaf folders, Beautiful Wood-nymphs, Spotted
 Apatelodes, and my favorite moth the Clymene Moth (I call the Christian).
 I started mounted what I collect (Many-Moth-ers are probably not  pleased
about collecting). So I took my collections to Dr. Covell who  helped me
identify many of my moths. Since I photographed and collected moths I  slacked
off my Bird watching hobbie. I have a web-shot photos of moths  you can find
it at webshots. com-happyhealy. I haven't updated it in a  few years. I am
interested in seeing your photos as well. Maybe we can find  corrections in
identifications we both can share, I do appreciate  any constructive
criticism. I have several thousand photo most are not on  web-shots and
photographed of my collected specimens. I keep a live  list of species I have
photographed in Kentucky including Butterflies. I have  over 1000 species so
far.
Rich