[tn-moths] Re: FOY for Chester County

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:20:04 -0500

Aubrey,

As others and I have stated earlier, we tend to be very flexible in recording
information.  The only danger in sticking with common names alone is that there
are occasions when common names vary from place to place and even from species
to species.  That's why I like to include common, scientific, and Hodges in the
state list.  I believe Jean does the same for FOY.  But in the interest of
keeping this listserv user-friendly, just keep those records coming -- any way,
any shape, any form.

Many thanks to everyone.

Doug Downs
Sparta, White County, TN