[tn-moths] Re: FOY Blount Co and more

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:02:57 -0400

Hi Doug,

That's a trick of the light, but those gynandromorph photos are cool. I'm
glad you shared them. It's hard to say whether the malformed wing is a
genetic issue or just the misfortune of something getting in the way while
it was pumping up the wings. I've seen cicadas that fell to the ground as
they emerged from their shell and wound up with a bent wing.

Rikki