[tn-moths] Re: FOY Blount Co and more

  • From: "Doug Bruce" <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:43:34 -0400

Rikki,

In the photo, the forewings look substantially different from each other.  Is
that just a trick of light and shadow, or is it real?

Your photo brings to mind some of the spectacular photos of bilateral
gynandromorphism that James Adams has displayed on his website (not that I'm
saying that's the case here, necessarily).

http://www.daltonstate.edu/galeps/Gynandromorphs.htm

Doug Bruce
Oak Ridge, TN