[tn-moths] FOY Blount Co and more

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:08:30 -0400

I've uploaded 16 moth
photos<http://www.bluemelon.com/sourpersimmon/porchmoths4-4-10>from
last night. Two potential FOYs are a large, boldly patterned
Geometer <http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/12194/487270.jpg> and a handsome
moth <http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/12194/487281.jpg> I think is a Pyralid,
of which there are three photos. There are also three microleps that could
be FOYs, but I have yet to learn how to distinguish even superfamilies for
them.

Also notable is a likely Melanolophia signataria with a malformed right
hindwing <http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/12194/487271.jpg>. Looking at it
with the naked eye, I thought it had been damaged by a bird, but it's clear
from the photo that the wing did not unfold properly.

I think I've IDed the repeats correctly, and I'm looking forward to more
help learning what's in this batch.

Rikki Hall
Rockford, Blount Co