[tn-dragonflies] Rockvale Middle School "Wetland" - Rutherford County

  • From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 21:54:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I decided to go visit the drainage area over at the school close to our house.
There were so many dragonflies and none wanted to stay still!  There were
several I wasn't able to identify as I couldn't follow them with binos or get a
photo.  I may run back over there in a bit!

Species seen:
Twelve-spotted Skimmer (Lifer)  -  How amazing in flight!
Common Whitetail
Eastern Pondhawk
Autumn Meadowhawk (Lifer)
Carolina Saddlebags - apparently a record for this county.  It is not noted in
Odonata Central or Bugguide
Fragile Forktail
Blue Dasher
Citrine Forktail
Little Blue Dragonlet - Can someone please look at this and confirm identity?
I'm pretty sure it is, but its cerci is not white.  (I could find pictures
looking like it on Bugguide.)  If my ID is correct, this would apparently be a
county record as it is not noted in Odonata Central or Bugguide.
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/156010835

Kristy Baker
Rockvale, TN
Rutherford County