[TN-Butterflies] Unusual looking Clouded Skipper

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

I was attempting to organize my pictures when I came across this shot that I
overlooked when first taken. It appears to be a very fresh looking Clouded
Skipper but the strongly checkered fringe isn't something I'd seen before. Bart
Jones suggested that maybe the checkered fringe looked like this when it first
emerged and then faded quickly.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_9949.jpg

Has any of you ever seen a Clouded with this strongly checkered fringe?

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.