[TN-Butterflies] Re: Sleepy Orange chrysalis on Senna

  • From: "Michael Lee Bierly" <mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tennessee Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 20:23:26 -0500

Now, if chrysalis bite, then I would have been bitten. While looking at the
Sleepy Orange caterpillar on the Senna on September 4, I noticed two
irregular seed pods. Next day when I went to check again for the caterpillar
who was not present the evening before, I realized that the short seed pod
was indeed a Sleepy Orange chrysalis, in fact, two being present. Still so
tonight, September 7, at the Manor.

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson County, TN