[TN-Butterflies] Pearly-eye identification

  • From: "David Spicer" <dspicer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TN-Butterflies'" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:20:48 -0400

I have had several people question if the Pearly-eye in the pictures from
the TN River Gorge Fall count is really a Creole. I am attaching a picture
of this one along with one of a second one that we found. I didn't include
this picture in the original batch as due to poor light and a non working
flash the quality isn't that great.

As a learning exercise for me and maybe for others that participate in this
list please take a look at these and let us know which Pearly-eye you think
each one of these is and why. Please reply to the list so that everyone can
participate. If you are basing your id on one or more field guides it would
help if you let us know which ones you are referring to.

Thanks,
Dave Spicer
Ooltewah, Hamilton County