[TN-Butterflies] Reelfoot Lake Count

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Barbara Korpi <bkormobile@xxxxxxxxx>, Billy Brisolara <bill618@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bob and Pandy English <engc205@xxxxxxx>, Bob Ford <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>, Cameron Frechette <clfrechette@xxxxxxx>, Deborah Paschall <d.paschall@xxxxxx>, Donna Ward <wardd9@xxxxxxxxx>, Jim Johnson <bubo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Malone <zlongwing@xxxxxxx>, Ken Childs <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>, Kent Fothergill <kentfothergill@xxxxxxxx>, Kris Branum <krispy96907@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Baker <marybaker476@xxxxxxxxx>, Nancy Garden <nancygarden@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Rita Venable <rita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott Brown <scottbrownphd@xxxxxxxxx>, TNButterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carol Southby <csouthby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:15:55 -0500

Hi Folks,
This Saturday will be the Reelfoot Lake count.  We will meet at the Visitors
Center at 9:30 and count around there, eventually moving on to the Phillipy
Levee.  We will enjoy a BBQ lunch and cool off, then hit the eastern side of
the count circle in the afternoon.  The weather forecast looks good, but the
temperatures are supposed to be in the mid 90s, so bring plenty of water and
sunscreen.
The Reelfoot Lake count is the prime spot for Broad-winged Skippers in
Tennessee and we should see good numbers around the Visitors Center.  For the
past 3 years we've had Bronze Coppers on the Phillipy Levee and we hope to make
it 4 years.  This is quite a rare bug in Tennessee, but this seems to be a
stronghold for it.  We are at the southern limit of its range here.  Maybe
we'll have a surprise or two as well.  As always, there is a $3 charge from
NABA that goes toward publication of the annual count report.  If you plan on
being there, please let me know.

See you Saturday!

Bart