[TN-Butterflies] Re: County records

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:18:44 -0500

BAMONA is currently in arrears with county records and will probably stay that
way another few weeks, for which circumstance I am partly to blame, but mostly
is has to do with the conversion of the BAMONA website to a newer, more
data-entry friendly format.  Staff time that used to be focused on entering new
data, including county records, is being used to update the website.

For now, if you think you might have a county record, please check the FOY page
of my website for the species you think might be new to your county; if the
species is not listed for that county with an asterisk, meaning that a county
record was submitted this year, then go ahead and submit your record.  Please
also do David Trently the courtesy of checking his Not Seen lists and sending
him word about any county records you may make in the next few months.

While on the topic of submitting records, there are many ways to do that being
employed by the many active butterfliers in Tennessee. Posting BAMONA records
to TN-Butterflies seems to be the most popular and helpful way to do that, as I
can capture the record, including the documentary photo, and everyone else can
know about the record (and see the evidence).

For now patience is the watchword, as BAMONA goes through its next
metamorphosis, hopefully to emerge in even more spectacular form in a few more
months.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville (Putnam County)