[TN-Butterflies] Re: Clifton Bend Fall Count

  • From: "Doug Bruce" <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jim Johnson" <bubo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Donna Ward" <wardd9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:27:02 -0400

Interesting coincidence.  On the way back into Tennessee from an out-of-state
vacation on Sunday, I stopped by Indian Creek in Jefferson County and was
surprised to find this Carolina Satyr nectaring (see attached photo).  It flew
from this perch to a cluster of Lespedeza flowers, where it appeared to
continue nectaring.

~ Doug