[TN-Butterflies] Addition

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:29:51 -0500

Friends,
     A coule of days ago I listed the butterflies I had seen on our property
over the last two weeks.  Yesterday I had a welcome addition, a beautiful
Mourning Cloak.  I had seen one scraggly and seeming small early in the
spring, but this one apparently was fresh and very striking.  They are
certainly less plentiful than a number of the other regulars.  I have also
seen in the last week the following dragonflies:  White-tail, Twelve-spotted
Skimmer, Widow, and Green Clearwing.

J. N. Howard,

Fiery Gizzard Cove

Marion County